Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Grilled Chicken With Fasolakia (Braised Green Beans In Tomato Sauce)


Day 4 of our carbless diet - Yes we are still on the silly diet since it is working wonders for the both of us. We are feeling lighter and sleeping a lot better since we stopped having any carb for dinner. I decided to pair a piece of grilled chicken marinated the Greek way with one of my favourite Greek vegetable dishes, fasolakia (braised green beans in tomato sauce). This is another very simple recipe that only take minutes to prepare and diet food has never tasted so good before. Have some crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce if you are not on a carbless diet!



serves 3 
you'll need;
3 free range chicken breasts
juice from half a lemon
grated rind from a lemon
1 tbs of Greek oregano
1.5 kg of green beans
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 x 400 ml of crushed tomatoes
a pinch of dried chili flakes (optional)
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste



Marinate chicken breasts with Greek oregano, lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.



 Trim the green beans and chop onion and garlic.



Saute chopped onion and garlic til soften (about 2 minutes) before adding the crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes.



Add green beans and just enough water to cover the beans. Mix well, bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer.



Simmer til beans are tender. Season well and add chili flakes if using.



Grilled chicken for 2 minutes/side then place into a pre-heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken. Rest chicken for 5 minutes before slicing.



Serve sliced chicken with plenty of the delicious fasolakia. This works well with a piece of grilled fish too.

15 comments:

  1. wow...delicious and very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning looking dish from your kitchen. Your diet seems very doable as everything looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iam loving your carbless food and I am trying out the salmon with warm beetroot salad tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on..come on my dear Tummy..ada boleh!Malaysia Boleh hehe...Haish!!!makcik Manggis gagal:)Jika makan menu yang begini pastinya perut rasa lembut dan pastinya akan hilang a few kg nanti....good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to eat this even without the carbs =) the sauce sounds really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to see you still cook such delicious dishes during your diet, it makes me think if I really do need carb every night lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not mind eating those delicious looking food to go on a diet:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, esp. the sauce! MOuthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Id like to join your diet but people in this house would flip if there was no rice. :( teh chikn looks absolutley juicy and good. I wish free range (kampung) chicken here were as fat as those!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd prefer grilled fish. A nice oily one .....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I should be taking this for my diet!!! Simply inviting ya! Loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great carbless dish..I am very tempted to start the diet too :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go my friend! I admire your dedication. Love the sound of those beans.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!
    fasolakia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin