Monday, March 28, 2011

"Scattered Sushi" Bowl ちらし寿司 Chirashizushi



Too soon to have raw fish again? Not at the tummies' household! I was meant to be making makizushi but since my bamboo mat was nowhere to be found, we ended up  having this very colourful chirashizushi instead. It is delicious, healthy and dead easy to prepare but make sure you are using shashimi grade fish of course. If this is your kind of meal, make sure you check out my previous post - chopped tuna rice bowl.



serves 2 as a one dish meal
I used;
150 g of sashimi grade tuna, diced
150 g of sashimi garde salmon, diced
150 g of sashimi grade king fish, diced
1/2 a continental cucumber, diced
1 pickled radish, diced
1/2 avocado, diced
a handful of chopped chives
cooked Japanese rice to serve
soy to taste



Cooked rice and diced ingredients.



Scatter half of the diced ingredients over the warm rice and top with chopped chives.



Drizzle a little Japanese soy, mix well and enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to eat sushi...save time rolling it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I agree with mary :) No need to roll. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowwwwwwwwwun une belle assiette colorée de saveurs et parfaitement présentée tes photos sont magnifiques
    à bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a colorful recipe.. Looks delicious!!

    http://valarskitchen-basics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow looks so vibrant and colourful! and of course yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vegetables and the ease of making this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bowl is can quench my hunger. SO colorful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is my favourite dish to order at Japanese restaurant, but not many places have this dish. I once requested the chef to chop up the sashimi on the sashimi don, the chef rejected my request! anyway thanks for sharing.. now I am salivating :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin