Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pan Seared Salmon, Soft Boiled Egg And Avocado Salad





I can continue with more chicken salad but I shall spare you that for later.

Two of my very dear friends A and J are now on the same "no carbs after 5 diet", good call girls! Unlike me they don't eat a lot of meat, so I think this simple salmon salad should work for both of them.

Check out my salad nicoise with poached salmon if this is something you fancy.



recipe from the tummies' kitchen
serves 2
you'll need;
2 x 250g of salmon fillets, bones pinned
4 eggs, boiled for 4 minutes and allow to cool before peeling
a handful of snow peas, topped and tailed, blanched
10 gherkins, cut into thirds lengthwise
1 avocado, cut into chunks
2 large handful of mixed salad leaves

for the dressing;
2 tbs red wine vinegar
6 tbs of olive oil
2 tsp of English mustard
2 tsp of honey
salt and pepper to taste



Prepare all the ingredients and set aside.



Pan fry salmon fillets skin side  down for 3 minutes then turn over and cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes.  If you prefer your fish to be well done, increase the cooking time accordingly. Allow to cool and flake the fish into large chunks.



Divide salad leaves among two platters, top with egg wedges, snow peas, gherkins, and salmon together with the crispy fish skin.



Pour the dressing over and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. kami pun baru makan salmon goreng dgn butter dan lada hitam.Yum yum.tetapi salmon sangat mahal di Msia:(..selamat berhujung minggu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so awesome and delicious I could have them over and over again. Your dressing sounds beautiful too it's got all my favourite ingredients for a vinaigrette YUM

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin